Table of Contents:
- Can You Buy This Domain?
- About Me and Contact
- Contribution and Support
- Some Promises
- Delete your Data
Just a place to quickly write something down in a browser. Hit Cmd/Ctrl+S to download your note as a markdown file.
Read about new features, changes and such in the changelog.
This app is intended to remain simple, but that doesn't mean it needs to be devoid of neat little features. In the end markdown is a really flexible text format.
- [x] Basic functionality
- [x] Info Section + Delete
- [x] Darkmode
- [x] Grab a nice domain
- [x] Generate filename based on title (firstline) and date.
- [ ] Can be used offline
- [ ] Open local file via drag and drop
- [ ] Keep cursor at center
- [ ] Basic Keyboard Shortcuts
- [ ] Syntax highlighting for code
- [ ] GitHub-Flavored-Markdown compatibility
- [ ] Add linting for markdown rules
- [ ] Store multiple notes
This app uses localStorage to preserve your text, so it's still here when you close your browser or refresh the tab. Nothing you type will be sent elsewhere. Ever. Your browser, your data.
This also means that your data is lost, if you delete your localStorage. And won't be able to access your notes from another device or browser.
The site uses plausible.io for analytics. Plausible is a lightweight and open-source website analytics tool. No cookies and fully compliant with GDPR, CCPA and PECR. Made and hosted in the EU. I use it to know whether this things is used actively, so I can make rational and responsible decisions in case I want to introduce new features.
Can you buy this domain?
Short Answer: No.
Long answer: I want this to become a free and valuable tool for the web. I have plans and I don't intend to change them. Read more here. So no.
About me and contact
Contribution and support
As of now I have no intent of making this open source. It's really just CodeMirror with some basic styling and some static html files.
Also I don't have the capacity right now to maintain an open source project, which usually involves more work and care that a lot of peope actually realize.
The best support would be just to spread the word really. I have enough income to sustain this project on the side. If you insist on supporting, I'm gennuinely and truly grateful. For now you can send donations via ko-fi. If this doesn't work, simply reach out via e-mail.
I promise that...
- This app will always be free to use.
- paid features will be reasonable.
- You will always be immediately able to write. No signup screens or newsletter popups that steal your focus. Autofocus will always go to the editor.
- I will keep this app around as long as possible.
- I will support a wide range of modern devices, desktop and mobile.
- I will do my best to keep this as accessible as possible.
- I will keep the interface as distraction free as possible. No ads or the like.
- I will regularly maintain, improve and use this app.
One of my yet to be released sideprojects is a markdown editor. With a proper feature set. It started out as more of an exercise really. I might, when it I reached certain point, replace this rather barebone thing, with a webversion of that editor.
Delete your Data
Deleting means that your localStorage for this site and this site only is cleared. No data is stored elsewhere.
Want to clear your localStorage and delete your notes?